Follow by Email

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I have an indoor grilling station...

I have an indoor grilling station that I rarely use. It's a shame, I should use it more, but I don't because it takes a bit of cleaning up and unless I'm in the cleaning mood, I just choose an alternative cooking method. Well, I found this recipe that I wanted to try, Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs. It sounded good and looked even better...so I thought, hm...it's worth the extra work - plus, it's low calories and low cholesterol!

Here's what you need:

2 medium carrots, sliced into 1 inch pieces; 1 - 8 oz can pineapple slices; 1/4 cup red wine vinegar; 1 tablespoon cooking oil; 1 tablespoon soy sauce; 1.5 teaspoons cornstarch; 1 teaspoon sugar; 1 clove garlic - minced; 12 ounces lean boneless pork - cut into 1 inch pieces; 1 small green pepper - cut into 1 inch squares; 1 small sweet red pepper - cut into 1 inch squares

In a saucepan cook carrots, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8 minutes; drain well. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut pineapple slices into quarters; set aside. For sauce, in a saucepan combine reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and garlic. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. Thread cooked carrots, pineapples, green and red pepper, and pork on four 12 - 14 inch skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between each piece of food. Grill kabobs on an uncovered grill directly over medium hot coals for 8-12 minutes or till pork is no longer pink. Turn kabobs occasionally and brush often with sauce. Serves 4.









I'm joining Michael Lee for her Foodie Friday over at Designs by Gollum. Be sure to drop by for delicious treats!

4 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! i've copied down your recipe and can't wait to make these for my hubby! thanks for sharing your recipe with us.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sharlotte! SO glad I tracked you down and found this yummy recipe. This looks so good! You asked about my clock dishes a few weeks ago. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. They are from Pottery Barn. I bought mine last year but they had them again this year. I am not sure if they are available right now or not. I just love them. They have turned out to seem to go with everything. :) Thanks for dropping by and again, I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed receiving updates from you and today decided to investigate. I guess with Wordpress I can't follow you the same way as in Blogger...
    I also have an indorr grill that seldom use. stupid. as the results are always so welcomed in family, specially during Winter when you don't care to use the outside grill. Yummy Recipe. Thanks! Love the pineapple touch with the peppers...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10