Follow by Email

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Lovely Bookshelves.

My last post was about bookshelves and my love-hate relationship with them. I've come to accept the fact that I just love all things with a story, a history. Because of this, I have collected a lot of stuff things.

I wanted to repost a quote from Mary Carol Garrity:


"Bookshelves are made for more than books and that’s where I stage our family’s narrative. The narrative describes the people who live in the house and it is the charm of the home. I try to tell the story of the family by showing our taste, passions, experiences, preferences and outlook in the objects we love." {Nell Hill's}

So here they are, my "lovely bookshelves" holding my story, my family's story.


For instance, this shelf holds seashells my maternal grandmother and I have collected along with favorite books, and a tray from my paternal grandmother.


And this shelf holds a favorite little bottle from my grandfather, a thrifty cup, and more of my favorite books.


Other shelves hold special pictures and projects that my children made when they were young.
A true "narrative" of my family.

Thanks so much for visiting, enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea. Your bookshelves are gorgeous and to tell the family story is just perfect. How wonderful to display your family treasures and history on them. I never thought of that. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I agree so much about the narrative, and YOUR narrative is really beautiful. Hope school is going well for you this year. These shelves must be a treasure for the eyes at the end of a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10