Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rowdy and His Buds

I snapped a few pictures while visiting a ranch this weekend in Llano, Texas.


Rowdy is on the right.




The owner of the ranch told us that these longhorns are only about 2 years old! They weigh about 1000 lbs now and can easily reach 1500 lbs or more! They love coming up to the fence for a treat, I think they were waiting for me to feed them, instead of taking their picture.
Sorry guys.

Thanks so much for visiting, enjoy your day!

I'm linking to Outdoor Wednesday at a Southern Daydreamer. Be sure to drop by for amazing shots.
I'm also linking to Happier Than a Pig in Mud's Barnyard Bash. Sounds like a great time!

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen a longhorn in the flesh. They look magnificent!! You should link this to the Barnyard Bash at "Happier than a Pig in Mud." THIS would be a treat. I mean... who else would bring a longhorn to the party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think Rowdy is just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharlotte, they are some fine looking "boys"! Never been that close to something that big with horns myself! Thank you so much for joining the Barnyard Bash:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness those are some big boys! Great photos, I would say framing worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharlotte, next time you'd better have a treat ready for them! At 1500 lbs. they should be kept very happy! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are great of the steers. A perfect photo op for the barnyard bash.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just learned there is a LongHorn ranch not far from me. I may have to take the camera out for a day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't they amazing. What fabulous creatures. And the backdrop is perfect for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so beautiful. I would imagine holding up those horns would be work, but they make it all look so easy. Great pictures of some wonderful animals, Char

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10