Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Hero

My Hero

My hero was the quiet type
No marching bands, no media hype.
But through my eyes, it was plain to see
A hero, God sent to me.

With gentle strength and quiet pride
All self concern was set aside.
To reach out to our fellow man
And be there with a helping hand.

Heros are a rarity
A blessing to humanity
With all they give and all they do
I'll hope the thing he always knew
He was my quiet hero...yes daddy, it was you.
                                                                                 anonymous


Today would have been his birthday...
he is greatly missed.

 

7 comments:

  1. Since he was a quiet hero, I bet that my daddy and he are great heavenly friends. Thank you for sharing the poem. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, I miss my daddy, also. What a wonderful pic of the two of you ~ such happy memories, I'm sure.

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to this sweet post! I hope you are blessed with many wonderful memories as you go about the day that was his birthday. I do know the feeling. I love your beautiful father/daughter bride picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Yes, I miss my sweet daddy, too. It's been 31/2 years and it still hurts. thanks for sharing such a kind and sweet poem...I needed it today. I love your Daddy - Daughter picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet tribute - (I know how you feel). This is a beautiful post!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. My step-father died in 1985 and he is still missed. Every once in awhile I'll catch a glimpse of an elderly man in a mall or a store and think it's him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10