Follow by Email

Monday, September 6, 2010

For the Birds...


This past weekend I found some sweet friends while visiting an antique shop.
I wasn't familar with their maker, Norleans {from Japan}, so I did a little research. Turns out they were made in the 50's from lightweight porcelain.
One I found on line was about $25 with shipping...I paid around $6.00.
Yea.


At a thrift store, I found these guys...they were in pristine condition. The aluminum tray was another find.


I'm always on the lookout for pretty glass pieces.
I was in luck, found these salt and pepper shakers and decanter.


The top of the decanter can be filled...my mother has gotten me hooked on them.
The tea cup was a loner...no saucer...but very pretty.
I'm going to turn him into a tassel.


My sister and I were able to spend the entire day shopping in Llano, Texas while our husbands went dove hunting. I'm not a hunter and don't know too much about the "ranch life", but sure enjoyed the slower pace. People were so very friendly, helpful, and just plain nice.

Thanks for stopping by to visit, enjoy your day!


I'm linking to several parties, be sure to click on their links below for loads of inspiration!
Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Second Time Around at A Picture is Worth 1000 Words
Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville

4 comments:

  1. I'm not much on figurines but I have to say I like those colorful birds! I do love glass pieces though. I used to frequent a "junque" place (now gone out of business) where I could always find wonderful little glass bottles, dishes, and glasses for 25-50 cents. Oh, how I miss that! My guys went dove hunting this weekend too. Can't wait to fry them up and serve with homemade biscuits and gravy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, didn't you have a fruitful adventure?? I love the color in those birds. It's so vivid.

    All of your things are great finds. Hope you show how you turned things into tassels! I'm very interested in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you have some great finds! Love what you did with the glass and tray...so pretty.

    Thank you for linking to 2nd Time Around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10