Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Black and White...




I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Drop by her site for amazing tables and a lot of inspiration!

I found these dishes this past summer and immediately a tablescape started running through my mind. Isn't it funny how that happens? It's like a story just waiting to be told, a book waiting to be written...

Once upon a time there were a little set of dishes that wanted to share special places of the world.
There was Rome...


...New York


...London


...and Paris.


Although they were proud little plates and loved being showcased, they were humbled by their supporting friends: a set of black and white damask plates {which brought out the contrasting black and white features} and the broad, strong, white chargers.

Ok, ok... on with the table...


 

 




 

 

 

I love stories with happy endings and I think this one would have definitely turned out happy, don't you?

Enjoy your travels! And as always, thanks for visiting! Happy Thursday!

Table items:
White chargers - Target
Damask Plates - Hobby Lobby
Scenic Plates - Marshalls Home Goods
Placemats and Napkins - Marshalls Home Goods
Finials - Hobby Lobby
Centerpieces - Goodwill (IKEA)
Flatware - International "Prelude"
Crystal - Lenox
Vintage clocks/watches - personal collection

24 comments:

  1. Ummm, excuse me! We've just met and I'm drolling all over this table! WOW, does this ever spell CLASS with all capital letters. Just stunning! VERY well done!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, may I have the Paris plate, s'il vous plaƮt? This is utterly gorgeous. I love it.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! Luv the black and white theme.
    You did a super job with your Tablescape Thursday.
    This is a stunning table.
    Autumn Blessings,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! This is great! The plates are great, but your Lenox is outstanding! Thanks for sharing! Come by and check out my giveaway - I think you'll like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Especially the vintage crystal with those awesome plates. Great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is stunning and soooo elegant! What a fun trip around the world on your table today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning; this is one classy tablescape and it is awesome. I love all the details and the Lenox stemware is so beautiful; what is the name? This is one of the best black and white tablescapes that I seen even in books. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table. The black and white is so classic. I saw some of these little plates at TJ Maxx, but you had to buy all 4 of one city, not split up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black and white always makes for a striking combination, but you've really hit the mark with this table. I love the travel themed plate, the polka dots, the stripes, the white chargers....I could go on and one. Love, love, love this table! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the chic and sophistication of your table. It's not easy to pull off black and white because mistakes tend to hit you over the head. You've done yours perfectly. I love your scenic plates. I enjoyed visiting your blog and hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously stunning display! Wow that is one fun dramatic table. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just breathtaking! I LOVE those black and white polka dotted placemats. SOOO cute! The whole table is just a delight to see!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stemware looks like my mother's wedding crystal from back in the 40's. Love it. Beautiful. What is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sharlotte,

    Spectacular! Your setting is dramatic yet elegant! Love the Lenox crystal.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a super job with your Tablescape... LOve it all...
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, your table is my new favorite ! Those plates and chargers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo, this is so so beautiful. I ADORE your dishes...and black and white..MY FAV!!
    Your stemware is to die for.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  18. Outstanding tablescape!! I found myself craning my head, turning from side to side, trying to see around the corner of each photo....I wanted more, more!
    This is a very striking combination & looks extremely sophisticated. BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the most appealing table scapes I have ever seen...LOVE IT!
    Your stemware is amazing!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10