Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Transitions...

If you've been following for a while,
you know that recently,
we built a new home and moved across town.


..."recently" means
7 months ago...

Now for the Houston area,
across town is approx an hours drive
from our old address
to our new address.


We traded in suburbia
for
rural living.


I won't kid you
it's been quite an adjustment.
An adjustment that I knew I would be making.
However,
saying it 
and 
living it
are very different things.



I hope I'm not coming across negatively
because
that would imply that I'm
not happy.
And
that's not the case at all.
Life is just different.


For instance:
we see deer in our yard,
sweet little birds that love to visit,
and
a multitude of stars at night.


Guess what I saw today?
A cat being chased by three blackbirds.
That cat was running through the trails as fast as he could
and those birds were just a squawking!
I'm thinking they were all enjoying a game of tag.

Now, if my internet connections were consistent
I'd be set!


2 comments:

  1. I am sure this is a major adjustment for you. I am married to a minister so moving is nothing new for me. We just moved for the 16th time in our 35 years of marriage......:( not fun! I do love being in the rural area we are in ...3 acres and an old farmhouse we are redoing a little at a time.... I understand, hang in there and enjoy things one day at a time. Continue to count those blessings as they come your way. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, Sharlotte! We moved from major suburbia to extreme rural 7 years ago. But, yes, life can be hard in the country. We've finally gotten our internet connection to an adequate level after starting with dial-up speed. My beginning months of blogging were maddening at such a slow pace. BUT...as you said, there are so many blessings we enjoy daily here - beautiful sunrise and sunset, millions of stars at night, and all of nature at your back door - and front! I hope you settle in and grow attached to your new blessed life. ;-)
    Christmas blessings!
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10