Follow by Email

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ruby Red Christmas

Welcome to this week's Christmas table,
it features Avon's Cape Cod.


If you haven't seen them before, they are a dark ruby colored glass.


They are most beautiful with light illuminating them.


Without light, they can pass for a very dark burgundy or even black.


Adding fresh greens to an artificial garland keeps the table simple.


Using LED candles makes decorating so easy and much safer too.


With the sun shining through the windows, the dishes are showing their colors.


The set has so many different pieces...
I don't have them all 
but featured in this picture 
is the tall vase.


I don't believe these napkin rings are "officially" part of the Avon collection
but
they sure could be...
the colors match perfectly.
They were a lucky find!



I'm joining these parties this week:

Thanks so much for visiting!

In case you're interested:
chargers - Hobby Lobby
dishes - found in various locations (antique stores)
napkin rings - Tuesday Morning
napkins - handmade
flatware - Onieda "Michelangelo"

13 comments:

  1. So very pretty! The red dishes are so rich looking. They look sturdy, heavy, and ever so elegant. I love the natural pine! Beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Sharlotte, so perfect for Christmas! Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dark ruby shade of the glassware and your beautiful napkins. You did a beautiful job with the centerpiece, as well. Hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful red dishes! My mom has collected deep red stemware for years - not Avon but very similar to yours. It's hard to get a picture of a table with the light shining through the glass. That's when it's the prettiest, but the maroon is pretty, too. I found you at BNOTP. Love your spiritual blog! It's nice to find some Christian sisters in blogland. :-)
    Christmas blessings!
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend whose daughter bought a huge set of them on Craigslist. She needs to be careful because I love them so!! Such a pretty table with them. I am going to be on the lookout. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I remember these dishes but never got any. WAY before blogging and before I had money for dishes:):) Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is lovely and I love those beautiful dishes! Your napkins look very similar to mine! Thanks for popping in to see me
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous table, Sharlotte...great choice of dishes.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ruby reds. Several years ago I bought a set of cranberry glass dishes from the 40's at an antique show, and they are among my favorite things. I wish I had your glassware to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is amazing how collectible that Cape Cod has become. I see it for quite high prices in the antique malls. Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharlotte,
    I think that nothing says Christmas like Ruby Red! Your table setting is lovely.

    Merry Christmas to you too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful table Sharlotte, I love the Cape Cod Ruby Red collection. The deep reds are perfect for a Christmas tablescape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10