Follow by Email

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holly and Berries.

Merry Christmas everyone!


My table today was inspired by a set of vintage candle holders,
they belonged to my grandmother,


I don't remember her ever using them.
They are from Japan, prewar era.

Honestly, I haven't used them very much until this year...
because last year, 
while I was shopping Hobby Lobby, 
(during their after Christmas sale), 
I saw these plates.


And as I was going through my things,
I remembered these little dishes:


My mother gave them to me 
and actually made them in a kiln,
I'm thinking that's a lost craft.

Before I knew it, a new collection began...
The sugar and creamer was found at Cracker Barrel.



And a set of matching cardinal salt and pepper shakers as well.


My sister and mother found these at an estate sale:


vintage bells...aren't they cute?

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!


I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday.
Drop by for loads of inspiration! 

In case you're interested:
chargers - Pier 1
flatware - antique shop
dishes - Hobby Lobby
napkin rings - handmade
napkins - Marshalls
stemware - thrifted
sugar/creamer - Cracker Barrel
salt/pepper shakers - Cracker Barrel
bells - estate sale
NOEL candle holders - vintage
centerpiece - craft show

7 comments:

  1. I love this table -- every thing you have collected is so pretty all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Nothing says Christmas quite like red and green! Everything is so pretty; from the chargers, to the centerpiece.. and everything inbetween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be using Christmas decorations from your Grandmother. The Noel decoration accents your lovely new Christmas china so beautifully. I love the rustic touches like the place mats in your tablescape. Have very Merry Christmas!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that you found those gorgeous dishes at Hobby Lobby! I was looking at that same (or very similar) pattern on Replacements this morning! I love that pattern and the beautiful table that you set to showcase it. You have done a beautiful job in collecting all of your wonderful pieces, which have the most interesting details. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love to look at tablescapes. Now, what are you serving? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Aunt has a NOEL vintage, to my surprise her daughter found a copy of one just like her's! She gave it to me for Christmas about 2 yrs ago. I just love it! Liz Hamrick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful table! Your holly dishes are beautiful, and the vintage NOEL is very special. Family heirlooms are the best! Your collection is perfect with your china, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10