Follow by Email

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Treasures of the Sea...

One of the best things about vacations is seeing new things. Whether it's sightseeing, shopping, or seeing natural sights, I'm always glad I brought along my camera!

I could so live in this beachy cottage. Love the color!

This sign made us laugh each time we crossed the bridge.
Nauti Turtle...Ha!!

Since we were in Florida, we had to sample the fruit!

Delicious!

Great gift shop too!
...love these handles...

...these would make me smile while being in the kitchen...

So true!

I think I'm still on this time...

I should have brought this home with me...it would make a great centerpiece.

Our next stop was Old Time Pottery. I had heard so much about it in blogland, I just had to see for myself!
It was loaded with items...and didn't disappoint.
Here in Texas we have Garden Ridge Pottery, it's very similar.

We had to stop at the local Home Good store.
...loved these seahorse plates...

...cute...

This almost came home with me!

...so simple...

...great pieces in turquoise...

After our shopping trip, we ended our day relaxing on the beach, our favorite time.
These guys were always waiting for us...

Poor little sea urchin stranded in seaweed...

He was glad we saved him, I'm sure...

Can you see his mouth? Looks like a beak, doesn't it?

More Sea Pork...

and a King's Crown Conch.

...great camouflage..

Now you can see him better. I think he might be a type of Brittle Star.

What a great way to end the day.

3 comments:

  1. Neat place to go and visit!
    Lovely time on the beach!

    God bless,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gift shop looks like it was pretty nice. I know some tourists shops are full of some really tacky stuff.

    I did a feature post on my INSPIRATIONS blog a week ago about the "weird and wacky" items found at souvenir shops.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Bunny Jean's Decor and More! (my main blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a sea urchin up close and personal. Very cool.

    And I love the sink drain thingies. Of course, our water here is SO HARD that it would eat the cute part off in six months. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10