Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Refining...

Each year as I get wiser, I refine my true favorites. I have a lot of "likes" as I'm sure we all do, but I must definitely have a "thing" for textures. As I look around my home, it's the textures that always catch my eye, it's the different textures that always make me smile.


On my last trip to the seashore, I picked up a few sea urchins. They were washing up in droves, but I only took a few. Why? I don't really know why I didn't pick them all up. I wish I would have....they were just going to dry out on their own anyway. {I was very careful to make sure they weren't alive.}

So, the three I took, came home with me. As I was unpacking, only the skeleton was left.


Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? Just look at the symmetry. Isn't it amazing how there are two larger columns, then two smaller columns...and looking at the sea urchin when found, you'd never guess that there was such a gorgeous sight underneath all those spines. Add to that the colors: lavender, olive, taupe....who knew?

If you look inside...there is a very special part of the skeleton. I don't know what it is for, but again, very symmetrical.


A few years back I made candle sticks with purchased shells. I didn't appreciate how beautiful they were until I was actually shelling, looking for the "perfect" shells.


They too are so beautiful, unique...

No matter what I change in my home, no matter what season rolls around, sea shells seem to always be a part of my decor. I love them...

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! I think it was on this blog that I saw a sea urchin picture and realized that I had never seen one up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you ARE sorry that you didn't pick up more... but isn't that always the way? The sea urchins are just gorgeous!

    Happy Birthday to You!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10