Follow by Email

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Funny little guys...

I guess one reason why I love the beach is that each day is different.
It's hard to imagine that, but it's true.

I hadn't seen this before, I guessed it was someone drawing in the sand.

But upon closer inspection, I saw who was actually doing all the drawing!

It was a Junonia.
They were everywhere!

Take a guess of what this is...
and his cousin.
Give up?
It's called Sea Pork.They are creatures that house tiny zooids. 
However when washed up they are no longer alive.
Want more information? Click here and here.

There was quite a variety of shells...

...and for some reason these guys were washing up.
See the color of the spines?
When it had dried out, the skeleton was lavender.
Absolutely beautiful.

The gem of the day...a little starfish.
I took a quick picture and threw him back so he could grow a bit more...
that way I can find him again on my next trip. ;)

I have to say that my favorite part of each day was watching the sun set.
Truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10