Follow by Email

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Happy Spring!

The calendar states that SPRING is officially here!
 Yippee!
I love this time of year...it's the warmer weather, the birds, the flowers, the colors...
I could just go on and on
but I won't, I'll just kick off the season with this picture.


These blooms are from my sister's crepe myrtle from last year.
I'm anxiously awaiting their blooms this year!

To celebrate the season, 
my  table this week is all about spring
and 
my favorite sister.

You see, she gave me these dishes for my birthday and I'm loving them!


Don't think that they are just green...
there's a gentle lavender,


and tranquil blue.


I love that the plates are different colors, perfect for spring.
Now, just take a look at the cups...


aren't they precious? I love the shape of the rim and saucer,
too cute!

You might have noticed the use of seashells, lace, and silver.
These things are some of my sister's favorites, so they had to be included on this table.
So, to my favorite sister, enjoy! 
This table's for you!












A very happy SPRING to everyone!

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday.
Drop by for loads of inspiration!

In case you're interested:
jute chargers - Pier 1
silver chargers - Hobby Lobby
dishes - gifted
champagne flutes - gifted
napkins - World Market
flatware, vase - various antique shops
coffee pot - family heirloom
salt/pepper shakers - eBay


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sharlotte! What a sweet tribute!!!! I know your sister is touched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plates and cups are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best sister, ever!! Those plates and cups are stunning, Sharlotte - wow! Also, you were so sweet to honor that gift by setting a table for your sister. This is all so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10