Follow by Email

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Blue Table

Good Morning!
I'm sharing a simple little table this morning 
and as I type, I can smell the coffee!


The "flatware" is from my grandmother. 
There are only knives and forks...perfect for our breakfast of Belgium waffles.
The pieces are from 1918, purchased from  Lowke Brother's Hardware.
(I'm guessing it was a general store with all kinds of items.)


These little juice glasses will be perfect for a blueberry smoothie.


The dishes were picked up several years ago, they are Imperial China, "Seville".
It was the pattern of soft blues and browns that stole my heart.


I hope you have a lovely day!

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday.
And
Thrifty Groove
Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!

* Check out Donna over at Funky Junk Interiors for the tutorial on the cute, cute, toolbox centerpiece!

12 comments:

  1. Shallot the, this is so lovely. I adore your dishes! And I remember two hardware stores in our hometown that had a bridal registry with fabulous china patterns. Coalport, Wedgwood, etc. Some still have marvelous gift sections. So I am not surprised about your
    Grandmother's flatware set. It looks so current, too! Perfect for your breakfast setting!

    Dropping by from Susan's party.

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of the fine china with the rustic placemats and flatware! It's unexpected, but it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dishes! My sister chose Colburn by Noritake for her formal china in 1980 and it's similar minus the brown. Lovely. Thanks for sharing your beautiful table with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...love your tableware! So pretty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so tranquil and pretty...perfect setting for breakfast, although that china is pretty enough for a formal setting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharlotte, your china is lovely and the flatware is amazing! Your grandmother had impeccable taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love setting a breakfast table, too. Yours is gorgeous!! My mother had forks like yours. She only had 2 but we still use them today. Love those dishes; they would have stole my heart as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous table setting - love the colors in your china. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful table setting. The flatware is wonderful too.
    Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your breakfast table setting. And, that flatware is simply wonderful, to own pieces that belonged to family members is precious. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog, I always enjoy meeting new friends and visiting new blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharlotte! Thank you for sharing at TTF this week! You set a lovely table! And the china makes me smile because it is the same china pattern that I have slowly been collecting! I never had a complete set of china and years ago stumble upon a few pieces of this pattern and fell in love with it. I have been collecting it ever since! I am featuring this post at TTG FB page today! https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty breakfast table. What a great way to start the day. Love the juice glasses and place mats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10