Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Treasure Box

I have a treasure box.


I thought it was lost,
but it was in one of those really special spots,
you know...
so special you can't find it spots.


However, it's not your "usual" treasure box.
It doesn't have straps or locks,
although it should,
because it's filled with
very special vintage valentines.


And not just any valentines,
valentines from my grandmother.
They are dated from the 1910's.
Her name was Sophie...
and she was a sweet grandmother.
I'm assuming she was a precious little girl
with a lot of admirers too.
For if she wasn't,
she wouldn't have had so many special cards.



Now, I know it's not time for a red valentine's table...
I truly know that
because it's only January.
But you wouldn't mind a blue valentine's table,
would you?


So here's my table this week:
It's all about the special treasures from my sweet grandmother, Sophie.
Enjoy!






I have a hard time choosing a favorite from her collection,
but this hand-made note is certainly one of them.


so sweet.

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her
Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!


Grandmother Sophie and me.

6 comments:

  1. Mind it? I absolutely love it!! My favorite part, of course, is your treasure box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Such a thoughtful post! Memories, tablescape, Valentines, and a picture! So, so sweet! You are amazing, Sharlotte! Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is lovely, a tender and sweet tribute to your beautiful Grandmother. Your Valentines are a treasure indeed. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! What a treasure to have all those old valentines! You have done a lovely tribute to your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore vintage valentines and to have some with such beautiful sentimental value is awesome. You are definitely one lucky granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally sweet!! I thought I was the only 1 who knew that hiding spot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10