Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's all about the Linens...

My table this week emphasizes special linens.


You see they were hand-embroidered years ago
by a very special lady,
my mother.

This picture of my mother sits in my office...it's a favorite. 

I had to actually call her and ask about these linens
because 
I forgot exactly who made them.
I kinda figured she did
because she loves handwork.


But, 
I just wanted to make sure.


And guess what?
She also made an apron to match,
still uses it occasionally,
and 
isn't ready to part with it
or
I'd show it to you as well.

I fell for this set as soon as I saw them in her hope chest.
I think she saw the twinkle in my eye and asked, 
"Would you like to have these?"
"Of course, I'd love them!"


So here they are, the star of the show,
my inherited,
hand-embroidered,
kitchen linens!











I'd bet red would be fun to use with this set too,
I'll put that on my list!

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her
Be sure to stop by for loads of inspiration!

For your information:
tablecloth/napkins - hand made
monogrammed flatware - antique store
clear glassware - Dollar Store
white dishes - J&G Meakin "Classic White" - England - thrifted
blue dishes - Johnson Brother's Blue Castles - mytableware.com
blue pitcher - thrifted



7 comments:

  1. I really love this table, but that's no surprise. For one thing, I always love your tables. For another, I love handmade linens like that in the biggest possible way. They have a history and a whimsy at the same time that makes them right up my alley. I think the pairing with the Blue Willow is perfect with them. I can picture them with my grandmother's set. Still, I would love to see you try them with the red. I have a feeling that it would be a completely different tone on the table.

    Loved it!

    My goodness, I really need to set aside some time to play with dishes. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious, precious, precious! The linens certainly do MAKE this table! Of course, I love your blue and white dishes, also. What a creative tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure. Hand Embroidery is a dying art. It is so beautiful. My mother embroidered beautifully. We lost her last October and I cherish every piece that she left me.

    Your table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage linens, and these look in wonderful shape. So nice to inherit handmade treasures. I really like your flatware too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those vintage linens; they look wonderful. Your blue plates are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling tablescape... and how lucky you are to have inherited such a treasure! I love the how the blue plates go so well with the forks and knives on the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous cloth. How lucky for you to have inherited it.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10