Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's All About the Textures


My table is simple, a relaxing one after the busy, busy holidays.
I wanted something calming, beachy is always good.
As things were coming together, it was the different textures that kept popping up.
So, this table is all about the texturing (is that a word?)
Enjoy!


The place mats kept things casual...the capiz chargers brought in the shiny and beachy feel.
Add the carved plates and everything was set.



Vintage, mix-matched flatware makes me feel like things aren't so fussy
and the Tiger Cowrie seashell napkin rings add yet another dimension.




The stemware was simple...


...and the centerpiece was a rustic box loaded with treasures from the sea.


Add a jute wrapped bottle, an old shutter, and we were almost finished.


With just a bit of color and a few extra special shells,
I was feeling much more relaxed.




I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her
Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!

For Your Information:
place mats and chargers - Pier 1
white place setting - Lenox (Opal Innocence Carved) online: mytableware.com
stemware - Dollar Tree
vintage flatware, napkin rings - antique shops, Ebay
cloth napkins - World Market
rustic box, jute bottle - hand made
treasures of the sea - collected

5 comments:

  1. I do believe your "texturing" looks great! Looks great for your Winter table... Have a great week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beach in winter is one of my favorite spots, actually. I do not like the beach in the cold, but here in Georgia (as I'm sure in Texas), we can enjoy the beach as a haven and comfort zone in the winter. Your beautiful table makes me want to do exactly that.

    Loved that linen from the napkin next to all the soothing neutrals most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textures!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your table. You're right, the serene nature of a beach scape is a pleasant change from all the holiday chaos we've been through. Thank you for sharing! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh....loving all the textures! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10