Follow by Email

Monday, April 26, 2010

Tommy's Roses


Today, I'm sharing a variety of roses.
They were grown by a very special man named Tommy. 



He loves his roses and is one of the most experienced growers around.


He loves to share his roses with  friends, family, and his church.



Growing such gorgeous flowers takes a lot of tender loving care...



...and Tommy does just that...each day he lovingly tends to his roses.



He even names them after loved ones...


... and develops new varieties...


...always under a watchful eye.



The different shades are just amazing.




...and the colors are just gorgeous.


{This one reminds me of the Franciscan pattern of Desert Rose.}


Looks like peppermint, doesn't it? They are very fragrant!



Some with just a hint of color...



...simply breathtaking.


They look like velvet and feel like silk.


From the tiniest buds...



...to full open blooms.


Even though they have their own names...




...they will always be known as Tommy's roses.

Tommy and his wife are neighbors and good friends of my mother. It's always such a treat to visit my mother and see what Tommy has blooming in his yard.
Thanks Tommy, for all the roses that you've so kindly shared!

I'm joining Susan at  A Southern Daydreamer for her Outdoor Wednesday. Be sure to stop by for amazing outdoor shots.


12 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Such talent to grow so many gorgeous roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How very beautiful! I just love these roses. And what a wonderful idea to name them after loved ones! Very inspirational! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharlotte~Tommy has some amazing roses. My favorite rose would have to the last photo that you posted...that is one beautiful rose!
    Thanks so much for posting and sharing such wonderful rose photos.
    Have a great day~
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlotte,
    Just Beautiful and Gorgeous....I love roses...I have few...want to get more...They do have to have tender loving care...Thanks for sharing..I enjoy your post today Have a wonderful day..Katherinellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! Tommy's Roses are absolutely beautiful. I love white and orange/salmon colored roses. Thank you for sharing them with us today!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous roses and gorgeous photos. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they are so beautiful! I can just smell them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous roses and great close-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So inspiring. He really has a gift and I so appreciate your showing it to us. Hope you'll stop by and see us if you have time. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so special! As one that has not had luck with roses, I appreciate the work that goes into them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10