Follow by Email

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quick tutorial...

Today I'm joining Susan with her Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to stop by for great transformations!


Have you ever been browsing in a fabric store and fell in love with a patterned fabric? Well, it happened to me the other day and I just wanted to take just a sample home to test. You seen, I've begun collecting blues...and when I saw this print, I knew it would be perfect for...something...not sure what but it really caught my heart. So I kept the swatch in my car and as I traveled to and from work, just looking at the swatch made me smile. Finally, it came to me...napkins for a new placesetting!

Well, after work that day, I hightailed it over to the fabric store and bought a couple yards. It was on sale...must be meant to be!

I've got a sewing machine, made outfits and curtains, but I just didn't want to set everything up, so I chose the easy way to make my new napkins...Stitch Witchery!



I took the measurements from other napkins that I had and decided to make them about 15 inches square {I actually did this before I purchased the fabric} and set to work. I cut out each square and left room to turn the edges.


I used my iron and pressed one fold  and then another fold to seal in the raw edges.



Then I placed the Stitch Witchery inside the edges, and pressed with a hot iron and cool damp cloth for approximately 10 seconds {just as the instructions indicated.}






Don't adjust your screen, this is the steam from the iron, needed to seal the edges.


...just clip any extra threads...

To keep the napkin neat, I worked with the opposite edge next. Before I knew it, I had beautiful new napkins!


These are very basic but imagine the possibilites!


For different folds, try the following sites:



Thanks so much for visiting, enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabric. Thanks for the tutorial! Be sure to stop by AtticMag this week for a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the fabric, that print has personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I love it. It's hard to find the right napkins and to make your own is such a fabulous idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I adore the gorgeous fabric you used.

    I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    Enjoy!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now aren't you the smartest one? I love these pretty napkins. the fabric is so beautiful!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty. And...you can't find napkins that pretty in any store...great project

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty pattern! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabric. Made fabulous napkins. I have a bunch of fabric that I want to make into napkins, but I've been too lazy to get out my sewing machine. After seeing yours, I'm going to use stitch witchery instead. And I even have some. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I think even I could do this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10