Follow by Email

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things....

As I get older wiser and find new hobbies, I have a new appreciation for different vintage things. I've always been a collector of sort, but my interests have diversified. Since joining the blogging world my horizons have drastically widened, I've been dramatically inspired by so many talented and creative people. One such person is Susan from Between Naps on the Porch. She was the first blog I discovered...I've been hooked ever since. She and her followers are so inspirational, how can you not want to play along?!

All this to say that I visited my mother and sister the other day and we had a chance to rummage through vintage linens. I found several that we immediately thought...hm... "tablescape". So, today I'm sharing a "green" table, all inspired from one such item from my grandmother's collection.



It was such a bright day, the sun was shining, the sky was perfectly clear...it was just lovely!





As I was gathering items for this table, I decided that I just wanted to pull in a few of my favorite things...
...vintage seashells, doorknobs, books, ceramics, and timepieces.
All with very special memories.



Sterling from my parents...



...which I just love.







The little compass belonged to my grandfather.
{I think it's always good to know in which direction you are going.}





Just a sampling of a few of my favorite things...
they just make me happy.

flatware - Prelude - International Silver
dishes - Opal Innocence Carved - Lenox
stemare - Dollar Store
napkins - Marshalls
candle holders/vase - Goodwill
bobeches - Victorian Trading Co. {online}
vintage items from family - seashells, trinkets, pitcher, pocketwatches, doorknobs, and tablecloth

As always, thanks to Susan for hosting Tablescape Thursday. It's always a treat to participate and visit other particapants. Be sure to stop by for amazing tables.


Thank you so much for stopping  by to visit!
And a treat for you all...
{I couldn't resist adding this clip...also a favorite!}



Enjoy your day!

I have just been invited to a new party: My Favorite Things by Laurie at Bargain Hunting. Be sure to drop by to visit!






30 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patty's Day to you!
    Your sweet table arrangement is so nice.
    Glad to be able to see it.
    Thx for sharing!
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a beautiful table and I love the white and green and then the wonderful objects! They make is so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful table..I love your use of things that have meaning to you. Sometimes we get caught up in all new things...I LOVE the older, mixed in with the new..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful green tablecloth and all of your dishes and crystal are stunning. What a great combination to use the shells, books, watches and doorknobs. It is all perfect together and so unexpected. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "favorite things".
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes happy too! I love how you incorporated the doorknobs and the compass in the shell dish.
    Nice touches.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I love the green with the white!
    Dee Dee
    Oh almost forgot to mention how much I love the wonderful shells and pocket watches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Table...So Pretty
    HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the green and white together. So "springy"! You did a beautiful job of pulling it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those plates are gorgeous! I love your silverware too. The pocket watches and books and things are so clever for a centerpiece. Love the creativity.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this table! Love the sterling, but I especially love the vintage linens!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and sweet table setting with all your family mementos. I love the doorknob, pocket watch and the bobeches on the candle holders. The books are a nice touch as well. I really like this tablescape! thank you for stopping in at my blog and for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharlotte...

    I just read the sweet note that you left for me on my Spring Green tablescape...thank you so much for coming by!

    My friend, your green and white tablescape is simply gorgeous! So light and Spring-like! It sounds like you had a wonderful time at your mothers...playing dishes! That's awesome!!! My friend, I love, love, LOVE your lenox dishes...I have been eyeing that pattern for sometime now! I think it's so elegant! They look so pretty against that green tablecloth! Ohhh...and I really enjoyed your table centerpiece...so many interesting and beautiful elements there! I would have never thought to use the vintage door knobs...but I love it! Your centerpiece certainly speaks of "days gone by"...I love that! And...one last thing...that silver tray filled with the sea shells...GORGEOUS!!! You have set a beautiful table, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for all your sweet comments you left on my post and giveaway. I really enjoyed looking at your blog and seeing all your wonderful tablescapes. You had a question about the wreaths... The next episode of Fancy That is all about making a wreath and I give lots of tips. It should be coming out next week. Since you're a follower you'll know as soon as it comes out. Thanks so much for your interest in my blog.
    Blessings...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely lovely, especially the bobeches! I can't help but think how the previous owners of these vintage treasures are smiling down on you with approval for how lovingly you've displayed their things. Beautifully done, Ms. Sharlotte. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous table! I love the unexpected items, like the books, doorknobs, etc. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely green and white table...so springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a classy table!! I love sea shells in anything even a tablescape!! Your plates and the green are so pretty too!!!
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty table. Well done!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I suppose what impressed me the most about your tablescape is your appreciation for the family treasures passed down to you. Your grandfather's compass? Oh my! And the silver, and the tablecloth? What blessings. You put them together in a pleasing way that makes us yearn for spring to come.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A "favorite things" table! What a wonderful, creative idea. Absolutely lovely
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an amazing coincidence! Did you know that today, I'm hosting my first ever "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" link up! I'd love for you to come over link this beautiful tablescape to my Favorite Things post! I love how you used treasures with meaning in this tablescape. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty sterling! Lucky you.

    Beautiful table for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just beautiful, your Spring grenn tablescape. ou have so many beautiful things that I love...gorgeous white dishes, shells, that amazing compass that belonged to your grandfather, the drippy crystal bobeches (I've tried making these), the sterling flatware...my MIL has the same prelude. It's all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a beautiful tablescape and I love the inclusion of all of your favourite things. Happy Spring and best wishes for a beautiful weekend,
    Natasha, Stacey and Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sharlotte, I'm so glad you decided to link to Favorite Things today. You obviously read my mind, since you posted some of your favorite things a day before I started this linkup! "Great minds...". Thanks! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for your sweet visit to my "smocked dresses" post. I'm loving the pretty dresses for grandgirls -- yes there's hope! Love this pretty white and green tablescape and your new shell bottles are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10