Follow by Email

Friday, March 12, 2010

Almost that time of the year!

It's almost the time of the year to see these beauties again. I can hardly wait!
I've reposted a few of my favorite shots.
Enjoy!








The weather is finally a bit warmer, the sun is shining and
as I walk around my yard, I do see a few surprises:



...new little shoots...





This guy is going to get really tall...
he's an amaryllis.
 Many years ago, I brought 7 or so bulbs from my grandmother's garden. Since then, they have multiplied into quite a few. They seem to like their spot, each year they bloom around Easter.



Then to my surprise, my camilla had a bloom!
I thought all the buds had frozen...
...you see they all looked like this:



...kinda burnt...



...but as I looked closer, this one looked promising.



As for now, I'm still enjoying my one bloom.

I'm linking with Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for her Outdoor Wednesday. Be sure to stop by for great shots!


Thanks for visiting!
Enjoy your day!

18 comments:

  1. Those are all so beautiful! Thanks for showing.
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all just gorgeous. Love the pics. I can hardly wait. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Wish I had them in my yard.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...I was outside today and it was just absolutely wonderful. The last of our snow is melting and I noticed a few things sprouting. I can't wait!! Thanks for your lovely pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photography is just amazing Sharlotte! Beautiful captures of beautiful flowers. Your giving me the feva--Spring Feva!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes just so beautiful...I am so ready for Spring
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What spectacular photos. You obviously have a really good camera. Such quality to those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharlotte, what gorgeous pictures! Are these all from your garden? I love camillas, but they don't do well in our area. And what is that purple bloom? It's beautiful. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharlotte, those yellow mums really just brighten our day!

    I love your flowers and your buds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Amazing flower shots.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all just gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your flowers from before are simply gorgeous. In time, I am sure they will be equally so this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots! I love my amaryllis. Somehow two came home with me from Texas. Not sure how they ended up with my other plants I brought home but am so glad they did. Must have been a couple of bulbs buried in with my plants I dug up and potted for the trip. They are so lovely and I look forward to their blooms every year. I now have two very large clumps of them.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures of the flowers are gorgeous. I too thought my camellia's had frozen but they're in full bloom & look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pics, it won't be long before everything is blooming again :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous! I really love the purple ones!! I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day and Outdoor Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sharlotte. Those are amazing and delightful!
    Thank you for sharing
    Happy Outdoor Wed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10