Follow by Email

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Family Treasures...

Welcome Back to Sharlotte's Reflections!
It's Thursday
 so it's time to highlight our love
for all things related to:
dishes
and tables
and well, 
all things kitchen!
Today I'm sharing my niche and plate rack.

It's the only open cabinet in the kitchen
and
a place to change out for the seasons.
I've been hooked on red lately
and
since red is a great color for summer
I've had this vignette up for several weeks.
The platter was a great find (you can see it used in one of the header pictures)
but the rest of the items are cherished family treasures.
Let's take a closer look:
The waffle mold, mixer, cookbook, and rolling pin
were used in my maternal grandmother's kitchen.


The recipe box holds my paternal grandmother's recipes.
They are so neat ~ all handwritten and well loved.

That cute little rooster timer was a "new house" gift from my mother.
And guess what happens when time is up?
Yep...it crows!
Too cute!!

Now, below this open space is a plate rack to store dishes.


It's very handy during mealtimes and a great place to see all the patterns.

Thanks so much for dropping by and seeing a glimpse into my kitchen.

I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday.
Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!

Until next time,
Sharlotte

11 comments:

  1. Love it all! I think I have that same cookbook! have a blessed day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for dropping by! Yes, that cookbook was quite popular a few years back, right? I always enjoy looking through it, it's quite a treasure!

      Delete

  2. I have a plate rack in my kitchen I had made after I moved in and I love it .
    You can just change up the plates and decor year round however
    I keep my red & white transferware plates in mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's so much fun to decorate this area. It's not overwhelming...just a little touch of the new season! Thanks so much for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Great pictures, the red is awesome and I love all your treasured items. How nice to have some kitchen items from your grandmothers. The mixer awesome. I have a pyrex glass frying pan with lid my grandmother bought me, I feel like I should leave a note in it, so someday when my kids find it in the cupboard they will know how much it means to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wanda! Thanks so much for dropping by! (Boy, the red is really popping! Apparently when I edited the pictures that color was a bit off when it posted! Oh well...)
      Yes, yes, please label your treasures. That is such a great idea! I have a few pieces that are labeled and that means a lot to me...especially when it's in the original handwriting. It truly brings back so many memories.

      Delete
  4. I'm quite sure that your "waffle mold " is actually a Rossette mold. Rossettes are a Norwegian cookie. I have my Grandmother's molds, but alas (sigh) mine are not nearly as good as hers were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct! I knew the waffle mold didn't sound right...and Rossette mold does! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful platter...love your vintage details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev! That platter is a favorite...it's so versatile! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  6. Hi lovely Texas Lady.
    I love your Kitchen would love to see the hold room. I also love the Red, white and black colors you have use together in your niche with your beautiful plate rack thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Also thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape! I am also hoping you have a wonderful week with your family.
    God Bless.
    ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10