Follow by Email

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Peter Rabbit

In the children's book, Peter Rabbit, 


I always felt sorry for Peter because he was obviously very hungry
 and Mr. McGregor's wasn't too accommodating.

Now, I don't have a garden myself
so my opinions are plainly swayed.
Because, I'm sure, that IF I did have a garden,
and worked and worked for it be
successful,
I most likely wouldn't want little bunnies
eating my produce either.

I get it.

But, in the magical world of Blogland,
I can invite Peter to dine with me,
right?

So here's my table this week...
It's all about Peter
and he's welcome to eat until his heart's content!





The luncheon plates with their simple design fit right in...
the trellis reminds me of Mr. McGregor's fence.
However, the "fence" on these dishes is easily hopped over!


All the produce on this table was from a local farm...a "U-Pick" farm.
It's a favorite!


As all bunnies, 
my Peter also has a watchful eye.
But he needn't worry,
this red leaf lettuce and kale are his to enjoy.


As are these strawberries...however, 
I might have to try one or two for myself, they look super yummy.




And let's not forget about the green beans...oh my.





 As I finish this post, look who's visiting again, my morning friend!
I think I'll name him ...
yep...
Peter 
or
how about 
Petunia?


Thanks so much for visiting!!


I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday.
Drop by for loads of inspiration!


7 comments:

  1. I love how you used the kale, lettuce, etc in the centerpiece!
    Thanks for stopping by the back porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely table.Love the red and the greens on the table.The bunny is so adorable.The stemware is a awesome piece.Thank you for the pretty share.Love sujatha..:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Peter Rabbit table!
    Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is so pretty! I love little bunnies in the house for decoration and I love them outside too....but not when they are chomping down on my flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I always felt sorry for Peter too, mean ole Mr. McGregor!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented and clever, I love your version of Peter Rabbit, made me smile while reading it. It reminds me of the play "Wicked" with the bad witch sharing her version of the "Wizard of Oz.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10