Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feeling a little blue...

I'm feeling a little blue today, not in a sad way, but in a relaxing way. 
Add to that a few seashells, some of my favorite dishes, and I kinda feel like I'm on vacation!
It's the simple things in life, right?


I've had all of these items for a while...it was just a matter of gathering everything together.


These dishes were found at a consignment shop a few years ago. 
They were marked 50% off. Yippee!
I think the 4 place settings were $20...can you even believe?


Do you see that blue coral peeking out in the back?
It's not really coral, it's plastic and for aquariums. Really! It actually came in this color but is available in different colors too. In fact, I bought a smaller one that was pink. To see it transformed, click here.


The seashells are souvenirs from a family trip to Sanibel, Florida.
If you haven't been - you HAVE to go. It's one of the most relaxing places I've ever been!


I made the seashell bottle in the back. You can read about it here
Collecting special things makes for special memories, don't they?

I'm joining Bunny Jeans Decor and More for her Wednesday's Bunny Hop
Hop on by won't you?

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous! You arranged everything so beautifully and the photography is great! I totally love the dishes and you can't go wrong with such steal!!!!!!! Yep, I too love blue...not feeling blue, but the lovely color on your pretty dishes. Thank you for your sweet visit, please come again.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love! Oh my goodness I just love the colors, the sea shells, the cups the whole 9 yards. Thinking I might actually smell a little of the sea right now! How relaxing and inviting. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharlotte!

    I love the pattern on that china set, so delicate and sweet. The blue 'coral' is also very pretty. I hopped on over to your other post to read more about it :)

    Thanks for sharing at my party :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesdays Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great deal on that set. I would have snapped it up! I love the way you have it displayed. I saw the post on the coral and think you're just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your pretty blues. What a lovely china pattern! Beautiful vignette with the sea shells... you have an amazing collection of shells, love the bottle with a shell stopper...how adorable! Thanks for sharing your blues and for your sweet comment. Happy Saturday!~Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10