Follow by Email

Sunday, July 22, 2012

She said, "Help Me!"

You know when you see something that just speaks to you?

Well, this little lamp was calling for help...
as in, "...rescue me!"


Her "hat" was a little overwhelming...


...however, she had a gorgeous base.

I found her at my favorite antique shop and I knew instantly that she needed to come home with me.
You see, under her hat, it was apparent she had been through a lot...


...seen better days...


...and in need of a little tender loving care.


No problem, I thought. I could make her shine again with the help of my new friend:


Just a little bit and she was already feeling better.



I'll be placing this lamp with a frame that has hints of silver and gold.
I think it will work just fine.


And what's a girl's favorite pastime?
shopping
So that's exactly what I did...shopped for a new hat...
...and...
adding a bit of sparkle, it was the icing on the cake.
She was beautiful once again!


Perfect!


Now I need your help. As I was working on my beautiful lamp, this sticker fell out:



As luck would have it, it's torn in half!
Ugh...
Does anyone know what the label could be?
I scoured the internet and couldn't find the maker.
Where do you think she came from originally?
If you have any idea, would you please let me know?


I'm joining Susan's party, Metamorphosis Monday, over at Between Naps on the Porch.
Be sure to drop by for amazing transformations!

3 comments:

  1. I love the finished product! I need to try that rub and buff on two lamps around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks good enough to step out in the town! Great update!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy's blog! You are invited to join the party by linking up anything related to making your space a better place for you and your loved ones. Please join us at Making Space Mondays at www.debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com. Link up starting at 9:00 (central time) tonight. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10