Follow by Email

Friday, April 27, 2012

Do you have one of these?

My husband and I are empty nesters and we're about to move from our current home.
We are trying to get it in tip top shape to sell, so that would include the ususal:
cleaning, removing clutter, and painting.
Without thinking, I almost wipe this clean, thinking that it's just a dirty spot. 



Do you know what it is?
If you guessed some type of measurement, you'd be correct.
It's a record of our boy's height as they were growing up.
It was a ritual.
The boys would walk by and say, "Dad, you better measure me, I think I grew!"
How can I Windex this all away?

I'm thinking we need to take it with us...replacing a door frame isn't too hard, right?

5 comments:

  1. I'm just nutty enough to think you SHOULD try to take it with you. At the very least, you should take the photograph and frame it. Wouldn't that be neat to have?

    We don't have one around here, but my father-in-law did it at his house. He would even measure the grandkids' friends if they came. It's a little piece of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this inside my pantry door frame! I have had my painter paint around it 2 times! He said he has seen other growth charts he had to paint around. My son has now graduated from Texas A&M and is living on the other side of the world. I look at his growth chart every now and then and wonder what I would do with it if I ever had to move and I'm not sure what I would do, but I don't think I could leave it behind. You need to do something to preserve this wonderful memory of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,
    My boys are also Aggies...small world, right? Now, what to do with this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. TAKE IT! I left behind a cabinet door with kid measurements and still feel sad about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing post i am really so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks for sharing...



    garden centre Llanelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10