Follow by Email

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello again...

Well hello!
If you're still here at Reflections, I'm glad. Thanks for hanging around and checking every now and then for a new post. It's finally here.

I've been behind the scenes, looking at all the amazing things around blogland, Pinterest, and Houzz. I found this post at Maple and Magnolia and was immediately inspired. Can you even believe how beautiful her sleeping porch is? I too love the fact that she used a lot of what she had to make this work. It was the bed that really caught my attention, just look at all this comfy whiteness...




On a recent trip to Salvation Army I spotted an amazing bed. Sadly I passed on it... I hadn't thought about getting a new bed for our guest room until I revisited Maple and Magnolia the next day. When I saw the above picture, it hit me...that SA bed would be p.e.r.f.e.c.t! What's a girl to do? I hopped in my car and told myself that if the bed was still there, it was meant to be. Running through my mind was all the other great pieces I've turned down in the past only to go back to get them and find they were gone.

Well, halleluja...it was still there!

So, here it is...ready to be transformed. Stay tuned!




6 comments:

  1. That is a great bed! I've never been even remotely that lucky to find something so fabulous to redo. I'll be here anxious awaiting your transformation!

    Smiles,
    Lesli @ BeautifullyCoastal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesli,
      Thanks for dropping by! This bed was a lucky find...and to still be there the next day? I was really happy. Thanks for your sweet comment...I'll be sure to post pictures as I work on it. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. Wow what a beautiful bed. I wish I could find something like this one. I'm still looking.
    Can't wait to see the transformation.

    hugs

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sissie,
      Thanks for dropping by! You know how thrift store shopping goes...some days are better than others! I'll be sure to post pictures as I work on it. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. Well hello again!! It was a treat to see a post from you this morning. I love the bed that was "meant to be" for you. Finding the perfect thrift treasure is honestly and truly one of my favorite pleasures.

    Good to see you back, Sharlotte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      Thanks for dropping by! I do like this bed too, and for it to be there on the next day? I was truly surprised! Now for the fun, trying to bring it back to life. I'll keep you posted!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10