Follow by Email

Friday, March 23, 2012

Front Doors...

I currently have a front door that has a lot of glass.
I don't particularly like that anyone can see inside.


But....
when I saw this house, I loved the symmetry of the front elevation...

Southern Living

...and the double front doors.

Here's a pic from the inside looking out...

Houzz
I really like their width and height.

These are a bit too wide...

Houzz
...but I do like having a transom above the door.
I've never had double front doors, but they are very welcoming!

So, the questions are...
double front doors?
clear glass or solid?

1 comment:

  1. Does your house have 4 or 5 windows/doors across the front, including the front door? If 4, then I think your front door needs to match the style of the windows as closely as possible. If 5, then your front door should probably be a single, not a double. If your foyer has doors, then you would probably enjoy a glass front door. If you can see all the way thru your house from the front door, you might want to consider just getting a solid front door. I would stick with a single door probably no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10