Follow by Email

Sunday, March 25, 2012

New Topiary...

This urn from an old Christmas tree was left at GW.


It was marked a bit higher than I like to pay, but it went in my basket anyway.

It was nice and sturdy and had this left-over pole from the tree. perfect.


I added green paint to a styrofoam ball...


...and let it dry thoroughly.
Putting it on this dowel really made it easy to paint...
kinda looks like science fair project, doesn't it?

Then the green ball was pushed onto the leftover tree pole.


Next, I snipped apart the greenery and used a toothpick to make a small hole for the "stem" of the snipping.


After taking the toothpick out and adding a drop of hot glue, the topiary was taking shape.


It was kinda mindless work, great therapy at the end of a long day, right?

And here's the finished product.


Now, just look at this sad, sad arrangement.


I know, very sad...but the urn?
bea.u.ti.ful!

Yep.With the left over supplies from the first project and a new styrofoam ball, a second one was made to keep the first one company.


I'm joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for her Metomophosis Monday.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the box wood look to this project! dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both!
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them. But oh my that was a lot of poking and prodding and glueing huh? But well worth the effort and I'm sure occasional burnt fingertips. Happy Week, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10