Follow by Email

Monday, February 1, 2010

Needlework...

There's an art to needlework...patience.


With today's fast paced lifestyle, I wonder if there are as many young girls taught needlework.
I didn't have girls, so I don't really know the answer to that question. I just know that I enjoy it myself, when I have the time, and I love to admire completed pieces.

Today, I'd like to share three pieces that were meant to be placed on chairs as seat cushions.







They were part of a set my mother wanted to use on her dining room chairs. For one reason or another, she only completed 3 pieces...she gave these to me several years ago.
They are not on my dining room chairs but proudly displayed on my dining room wall. At least they made it to the same room!

I just love the detail and appreciate all the time it takes to complete each piece.


I'm linking to Tams Three or More Tuesday. Be sure to stop by for amazing collections!

Thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. Really sweet! I love needlepoint. I taught my sister and daughter how to needpoint the only hitch is I taught them left handed! They are right handed! The stitches are backward. Funny!
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so pretty! I haven't done needlework in years. i think it is slowly becoming a lost art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 are simply gorgeous...what patience they must have demanded! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are so very beautiful. And how wonderful that you found a way to preserve something your mom did as well as display them for others to enjoy. I tried my hand at that once...and it is tedious work....! Decided to try something else. :-) Thanks for sharing them with us today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10