Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dessert for Two

It's been colder than usual here in the Houston area...and a fire seems perfect for a cozy evening.



This table belonged to my paternal grandfather. It is very heavy - legs of iron and a round marble top. It was one of several in his coffee shop, now it resides in my home.



The table is small, I guess it was perfect for coffee or tea with a friend.
I decided to keep it simple as well...dessert for two.









Dishes - Lenox Opal Innocence Carved.
Monogrammed napkins from Greece {via eBay}
Flatware - Oneida Michelangelo
Silver plate sugar bowl, Waterford dish - Goodwill, Salvation Army
Champagne flutes, clock - gift
Candleholders - Tuesday Morning



I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday. Be sure to stop by to visit to see amazing tables and loads of creativity!

Thanks for visiting.
Enjoy your day!



15 comments:

  1. What a nice table for two. What special napkins--they are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is stunning, love the linen, adore the crystal, it looks so special and inviting a perfect little setting..thanks for sharing...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and romantic...I LOVE eating in front of a nice, warm fire.
    Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty & so romantic. I love the sparkly crystals that make your setting so flashy yet simple.

    Well done.

    Greetings from a snowy Stockholm.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharlotte... a fire in your fireplace! I've never seen a fire in YOUR fireplace! And you are right. It has been unusually cold here in southeast Texas. We haven't had to buy firewood in 10 years at our house... but now we're out and I've been too cold. Brrr...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cozy table! And those napkins are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scene was made extra-special for me because of your grandpa's table. What a treasure. And with the pristine linens, you have presented a most romantic picture. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharlotte, such an elegant romantic table for two in front of the fireplace. Your napkins are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely table. As a fellow-Houstonian, I'm actually loving this extended cold weather. I guess because I know what's soon follows... hot and hotter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tablescape. So beautiful. Come by and watch our vlog version. Have a great day. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how pretty and right by a cozy fire. Very romantic.

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a love table! Can you come to my house??? I also live in the Houston area, so it wouldn't be too much trouble. :>)
    I found you through Texas Blogging Gals and came by to say hello. Look forward to reading more about you. Come on by http://lonestarlifer.wordpress.com/ and say howdy.
    LoneStarLifer
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is certainly a romantic setting. How nice to have one of your grandfather's tables. Your linens are exqusite. Can you share the info on how to order the napkins from Greece? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been perusing your blog...gotta follow now. Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10