Saturday, January 23, 2010

Two silver things to share...

I have two things to share today, one from my mother, the other from my sister.

My mother gave me her vanity set several years ago. Loving silver, it was a perfect gift.
I think it's the way it sparkles and ages.


{The tray is a Goodwill find, the throw is faux fur.}


The mirror, brushes, and combs are of a good weight...they feel very sturdy in your grasp.



Things have really changed in grooming, haven't they?

The second piece I'd like to share is a plate that my sister had engraved for me when I received my Masters of Education.


It's another prized possession both for the event it marked and the thoughtfulness of my sister.


I just love the details.



Thanks so much for visiting!
Be sure to check out Beth's Gypsy Fish Journal and her Silver Sunday.




26 comments:

  1. Beautiful silver and two great stories! I love the vanity set it is quite special! You are right they just don't make beauties like these anymore. The engraved plate is very special also, what a great sister to mark such a special event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful pieces. I really like the beautiful dresser set! Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous vanity set. Beautiful details on the plate. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlotte... how your pieces sparkle! They look so pretty. Noticed the date on the engraving... time flies, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vanity set of your mother's is just lovely. And the tray your sister gave you is beautiful. Have a great week...julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pieces are beautiful with wonderful memories. I love the vanity set...it looks so new!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mother's vanity set! What a treasure. How thoughtful your sister was to have a piece engraved for you on your achievement. A beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The detail on the plate is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharlotte,
    Pretty, pretty silver pieces.
    Happy SS!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful set. You hardly ever see the combs, how nice that you have that too. I love the plate too, it's wonderful, especially with the sentiment that goes along with it. I have two sons graduating with their bachelors degrees in May. Now I'm going to have to think about what you might have engraved for a son. This is really a good idea. Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you have your mother's vanity set! Both trays are beautiful and have such sweet details!
    Wishing you a wonderful Silver Sunday!
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Sharlotte
    They are both so lovely... I always admired my mother's vanity set but never knew what happened to it.. The silver tray from your sister is oh so special... what a lovely sister to commemorate this special event in your life...Have a great week .. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your silver treasures just scream glamour...so perfect.Thanks for coming...see you next Sunday!
    {{gypsy hugs}}
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vanity set is just wonderful. I love it and the tray is such a precious gift from your sister for celebrating and remembering a very momentus occassion. Both are gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, and so thoughtful of your sister to pick such a gorgeous tray.
    What a wonderful gift to have from your Mom, the tray looks just right with it!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you can tell from my own posts, silver is beautiful, but their stories are what makes them even more beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pieces, Sharlotte. I love the gift your sister gave to you.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an absolutely beautiful vanity set! And the gift from your sister is not only lovely but so thoughtful and loving!

    Thank you for stopping by today!

    Have a wonderful day!!

    ((Hugs))
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't it wonderful to have silver pieces that mean so much to you. I love your Grandmother's silver brush set, it's so lovely. And, your Sister's thoughtfulness in giving you an engraved silver plate as a gift. You are so loved.
    I am glad you came to visit my blog because now I know about you. I'm going to follow you and I'll be back soon.

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful dressing table and grooming set!
    So elegant to use and get ready with! Your silver pieces from your sister is so special and I love the little flowers on the rim!

    Happy Silver Sunday.

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are such beautiful silver treasures with special meaning. Your mother's dresser set is lovely, and I agree with you about the tray your sister gave you-the details are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing these two very special silver accessories. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love practical but I sometimes wish for the beautiful old pieces of days gone by like your beautiful silver dresser set. An old plastic hairbrush doesn't make you feel very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a special and beautiful gift your mother's vanity set is and the silver tray from your sister is gorgeous and marks a wonderful event in your life. Sorry my Sunday Silver visit is so late but I do love your silver post!
    xoxo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sharlotte, love the way your name is spelled, so pretty. Your silver pieces are so beautiful. The dresser set and tray are both lovely. The detailed edging of your engraved plate is amazing!
    blessings,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of these are gorgeous silver treasures! Your blog has wonderful recipes too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10