Saturday, January 9, 2010

I just can't help it!

I'm joining a new party, Silver Sunday. Please stop by for lovely silver pieces...



I just can't help it...I love to collect silver pieces! It's so much fun to see a diamond in the rough, shine it up a bit and see a beauty appear!


Take this piece. It was $2.99 at a local thrift shop. I loved the details and thought if I can't get it to shine, I can at least use it for a tray and cover the yucky parts.

Well, hello gorgeous!


Today, I found this beauty for $5.00 at a favorite antique shoppe. The dealer was having a sale and everything was 15% off!
SOLD!


I snapped a picture after cleaning only half of it, I wanted to show that it's quite easy to do...with a little effort.


 

The rim is what caught my attention.



Here are a few more pieces that were found while thrift store shoppping.









It's fun to find such treasures!Thanks so much for visiting, I truly love reading your comments.
Enjoy your day!

I'm also linking with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her Metamorphosis Monday.



And



Please stop by and visit these parties for additional treasures!

34 comments:

  1. You sure do have some beautiful pieces here...you just can't pass them up at those prices! Hope you have a FUN and WARM weekend!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are accumulating quite a collection! Your pieces are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous trays and such great deals you got! You did a fabulous job polishing!

    Happy Silver Sunday!

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am AMAZED at how so many of you find such beautiful pieces at beyond BARGAIN prices. No such thing where I live!!

    Your silver bounty is beautiful!

    Welcome to Silver Sunday!!

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Silver Sunday! A great collection of goodies here, thanks for sharing them with all of us!
    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great deals on you silver! I sure hope that thrift shops don't read Silver Sunday or we'll all be crying the blues...thank goodness they think that tarnished silver is worth that much! thanks for sharing your finds!
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful pieces! And you're right - the tarnish when cleaned does look quite stunning - I'm gonna have to try it on a few pieces. I've never been a fan of silver until the tarnished pieces became popular, but the shiny silver does make that piece look better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tray transformation, you can't beat the streaming gleam that silver casts. Love all your trays mostly the first ornate one. All your silver collections is gorgeous!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those trays are just beautiful...I need to start thrifting more often..I have a lot of silver pieces but no trays. You have inspired me to go find some. Great post! Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful silver pieces! they each have such amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just started getting some silver at the Thrifts...love them. What do you use to clean them? I'm a novice at this.

    thanks,
    Linda @ A La Carte

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharlotte:
    Nice to find your through Silver Sundays. I love our wonderful thrifty silver finds. Real treasures.
    Hope you'll stop in and visit me at Brynwood.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection of silver you have. Love the edge on the one tray. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superior silver finds...and what a steal!
    thanks for playing today....see you next Suday...
    {{gypsy hugs}}
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a great collection of silver!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the shapes and details of your silver. Your photos are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These silver pieces are lovely! I have some in my cabinet and drawers. Hmmm... makes me want to take them out and polish them. It is amazing what one can find in a thrift store.
    Paula Grace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those really cleaned up well. I either don't come across real silver or I cannot tell and think it is coated. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pieces. It is amazing how inexpensively you can find these treasures. I love the details of your finds. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, WOW! I love the silver. I just bought my first pieces today. Yours are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your pieces....sounds like you found some great deals. Don't you love that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You found some wonderful silver pieces, Sharlotte. The trays are beautiful and the creamer and sugar bowl are also so pretty!
    Have a beautiful new week...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pieces at a great price. I wish I could find treasures like this while I was out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful trays! I love the first one such wonderful details. Happy SS...

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful finds at the thrift stores... how fortunate! You have a lovely collection.TFS Happy Silver Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love my silver as well -- and it is amazing what you can find tarnished for just pennies! Transformed into very valuable things with just a little polish!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have some really beautiful silver treasures! :) And the prices were fantastic! Thanks for sharing! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your silver finds. They are just wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful silver! And great thrifty finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous finds ~ thanks for sharing! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful silver and some great finds.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh what lovely treasures.
    Thanks for sharing your finds.
    Have a great day,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  33. I, too, collect silver oieces and I absolutely love your new finds! You have some beautiful pieces and like some others it makes me want to take some of mine out of the cabinet and use them! I can't wait to see some more of your silver collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10