Follow by Email

Friday, September 23, 2011

Rudesheim, Germany

We took a river boat ride from Rudesheim to Koblenz, Germany.

 The Rhine Main Region

 The blue line on the map above is the Rhein. Rudesheim is on the Rhein by Geisenheim. We loaded the boat there and slowly cruised to Koblenz. It was a beautiful day.

This post is about the beginning: Rudesheim. It was a lovely little village, set up to serve tourists. It had shops, restaurants, and wine tasting.
It was a joy!


There were even cable cars.


Museums.


This was the famous pedestrian street, laden with shops and restaurants.



Lots of Cuckoo clocks.



Hummels.



Restaurants.






Such attention to details.

Next post: the Rhein and castles.


Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Sharlotte - my husband and I had signed up for a Rhein Christmas cruise, but changed our mind at the last minute and we are just going to fly into London, rent a car for 9 days, travel England and spend Christmas Eve/Day in London. I love, love the Rhein. I wish I could remember the name of the castle we spent several days in. Overlooking thriver. Wondermous. Loving your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pictures! Look at all those cuckoo clocks! Did you get any Hummels to add to your collection? The buildings and streets are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see your post on the Rhein and Castles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10