Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thrifty find...

I'm joining Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville for her Thrifty Thursday. Be sure to drop by for amazing finds and loads of treasures!


I really wasn't looking for anything in particular...well, maybe some fabric, while shopping at my favorite thrift stores. No tablecloths or such this time but I did happen upon a set of water goblets. It was the ball stems and the etching that made me take a second look. Since I don't have an antique booth or etsy shop, whatever I purchase, I usually keep. And since I didn't really need any crystal stemware, I thought twice about these four. In the end, I just couldn't resist. The price was right...and they "would" match another set I already have...so I bought them. I'm glad that I did, they compliment my original set very well.

I was very curious as to the maker and price of my treasures so I went online to Ebay. The company is Import Associates and the pattern is Cascade. There were a couple listed from $14 ~ $19 a stem. {I paid $19.99 for the set.} I then ventured over to Replacements.com and found the accompanying pieces...hm...perhaps I can add a few more pieces to my new collection?


9 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous. What a score you made! You just never know what you're going to find, which is what makes it so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, they are beautiful!!! and if you keep an eye on the thrift store you got them at MAYBE they'll have MORE of the same pattern. Who ever dropped them off, MAY come back with more... I LOVE stemware SO much I always use them at the table. I use the little wine stems for small drink glasses...GREAT Find

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the etching! I'm one who loves pretty stemware. I'll be on the lookout for you to use these on a beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty goblets. Too pretty to use! LOL!
    My family always breaks glasses, so I would put those beauties in the cupboard.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goblets are beautiful, what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stemware is so pretty!! Nice find.
    Thanks for stopping by. Know what you mean about HL. :) Very rare do I pay full price for anything there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those. I have similar ones with the raspberry stem, but the etching is a little different. Great deal on those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those glasses are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10