Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nature...

It's November 21. Here in Houston, it's a typical fall day. The weather is crisp and cool...only about 68 degrees. The sun is out, warming the earth. It's a lovely day.

To practice with my new camera...I thought I'd look to nature.








This plant is called Hen and Chick...I think the larger is the Hen... the smaller shoot is the chick.


The veins in the leaves are just amazing.


 New growth...


Look at the little circles around the perimeter of the leaves of this fern.





The center of this flower looks like it could just burst!







The detail is just beautiful!







 Don't these look like blueberries! They are actually from Indian Hawthornes.


Nature...awesome.

I'm linking with Outdoor Wednesday. Be sure to stop by for gorgeous shots!


4 comments:

  1. 68 degrees is soooo dreamy! I'd love to have 68 degrees. It has been raining here all day.
    Lovely folliage!


    ... Cotton balls over the Nuntucket Island ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature is incredible - From a distance, and even more so up close. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really nice shots! I especially love the fern with the little circles on the edge of the leaf. Beautiful photos for Outdoor Wednesday. Happy Thanksgiving! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... 68 huh? "they" (the weather folk) tell us the high today will be 35... um *shiver*... just a wee bit cooler than you :)

    Thanks for the wonderful out door greenery.

    If you have a moment for a laugh -- I would love for you to stop by and say hi!

    TTFN ~~Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10