Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Little Cuckoo!


I'm linking with Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday. Please visit her and the other participants for amazing treasures!

I started collecting souviener spoons by accident. I found about 10 while thrifting and loved their intricate details. The ones that caught my eye were places that my son or I had visited, others were places that I would love to visit...wishful thinking!

After seeing my "new" collection, my mother gave me a spoon from her collection. It is the cutest spoon, a cuckoo clock! The weights and pendulum are moveable, I just love it! She and my father purchased it on a trip through Bavaria about 25 years ago. The neatest thing is that this spoon matches the actual cuckoo they purchased/gave to me all those years ago. They both are such treasures!
Thanks Mom!









Enjoy your Friday!

11 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, and that cuckoo clock spoon is really amazing! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how a collection starts before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...

    Ohhh...what a fabulous collection!!! I have always admired all of these pretty little spoons but have never purchased one! Hmmm...your post may change my mind! Hehe! I really enjoyed the photo of your beautiful spoons in the glass! Now...this little cuckoo clock spoon is certainly unique...I love it!!! And to think it has movable parts...that is just soooo neat! I was visiting in Bavaria about 4 yrs. ago...ohhh, you should see all of the beautiful cuckoo clocks!!! Your beautiful clock is such a treasure...especially since it was gifted to you by your parents!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely spoon collection with us today...what a sweet treat!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents have the same cuckoo clock! I love the matching spoon. I've never seen one with a cuckoo clock on it. And I love how you are displaying your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What old world charm!! I love it.

    My Thanksgiving decorations are posted today for show n tell Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very pretty spoons!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cuckoo clocks. Both of my grandmas had one. I've never seen a spoon like that. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love cuckoo clocks and that spoon is absolutely adorable what a wonderful collection you have thanks for sharing ~Blessings Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful collection. I started a collection of the spoons many years ago, but did not pursue it, and don't remember what I did with the ones I had. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun hobby! A great collection, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10