Sunday, November 24, 2013

Spiritual Sunday...Have You Ever Wondered?

Thoughts and scriptures to share... 

Have you ever wondered what eternity will be like?
I have.
I've seen a lot of pictures and have an idea that's been forming in my head since childhood.
Today I thought I'd share a place in the Bible that gives a glorious description...

Revelation 21:11
"It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal."

Have you even seen jasper?
I'm not sure I have...
Here's a bit of background info:
In ancient times JASPER 
was a collective name for opaque stones but it is clear 
that in the New Testament the Jasper is a crystal clear 
transparent stone thought to be a high grade diamond. It is thus
 a fitting symbol to tell forth the glory of God.


Revelation 21:18-19a
"The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone."

The city walls are described in detail in verses Revelation 21:17, 19-20. The above site gives more information about the other precious jewels stated.

Revelation 21:22-23
"I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp."

Taken directly from my Life Application Bible...
"The Holy City, the new Jerusalem is described as the place where God will wipe every tear from our eyes...there will be no death, pain, sorrow, or crying."

Heaven.

I'm joining Spiritual Sundays

2 comments:

  1. Sharlotte...what a visual God gave us of our permanent home with him. It sounds captivating! Thank you for sharing the "view" of heaven. I linked up behind you at Spiritual Sunday. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharlotte, this is particularly beautiful of a reminder for me today as I wait for word that a friend has passed from this world to that beautiful one where He will wipe every tear from her eyes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10