Follow by Email

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hello Fall!

What great weather we're having this week...fall is here!
I'm sharing a table that is a bit different from the traditional orange and yellow.
Enjoy!


The tablecloth is really a pashima. I found it and the chargers at Pier 1. The colors are so pretty, a bit muted, perfect for cooler weather.


The utensils belonged to my great-grandparents. They date back to 1918 and were purchased from a hardware store, can you imagine?


The white chargers were from Marshalls, the dinner plates are from Williams-Sonoma Marketplace via Goodwill.




I'm linking to Susan's Tablescape Thursday over at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to drop by for loads of inspiration!

Happy Fall!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Sharlotte, oh my, this is gorgeous. I spotted the color and I clicked immediately. Turquoise is my favorite color and this seems like a teal, is it not? Sometimes the camera plays tricks. You have inspired me to try something different for fall too. I love this. Love the utensils from your great-grandparents. How very special.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous setting! Love beauty and elegance. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pashmina...gorgeous colors, Sharlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an outstanding table. The flatware is incredible, and I love the backstory. Your colors are so appropriate for fall, but not cliche -- I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pashmina is so beautiful, and makes the perfect backdrop for your chargers and plates. The vintage flatware is such a treasure! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, off-beat table that is very interesting, Sharlotte. I love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pashmina!!! They make great table coverings!!! How wonderful that you have your great-grandparents' flatware...and moreso that it came from a hardware store!!! That is really cool! It really looks great with the whole look. EXCELLENT Goodwill score!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10