Last weekend, we visited my son and daughter~in~law in Dallas. They live in a loft that has a gallery in the lobby. It's a large space, perfect for artists to show their wares. For the past several months, this glass carousel horse has been displayed.
It's about four feet tall and very impressive!
(click on picture for a closer shot)
It's actually made from glass crystals.
Here's a better view.
The artist was meticulous...
...and talented.
Even though the horse's eye is very sharp, it looks soft and tender.
It's quite a conversation starter!
Enjoy your Monday!
Please visit Sally for her Blue Monday party. It's impressive too!





I have never seen anything like this. A very pretty piece and a lot of work put into it. Very nicely done for Blue Monday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fascinating piece, Sharlotte! I can't believe it's four feet tall! WOW! That must have taken ages to make. I think it's wonderful that artists display their work right there in the lobby. That's one sure way to support the arts and have beautiful things on display as well.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blue Monday...
XO,
Sheila :-)
How magnificent that must be at 4 feet tall! Happy Blue Monday.
ReplyDeleteOh, my! It must be very heavy judging from the details you have shown us. A lot of work must have gone into its creation. I hope you are having a wonderful Blue Monday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic piece of art. And so large!! beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blue Monday!
How artistic of you, very nice. Happy Blue Monday.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, that is fabulous! I love carousels and used to collect carousel figurines. That is one I would definitely have added to my collection if it was still in existence.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing.
~ Tracy
What a beautiful piece. I can imagine how much talent, creativity, and hard work went into it.
ReplyDeleteIris
WOW!
ReplyDeleteThat is really something and i have never seen anything like it.
Amazing post.
thanks
barbara jean