Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just in case you're needing this...or not...

I've been a blogger for a short while {since July 09} and I've read so many wonderful and unique posts.  With just a quick search, one can find information on every topic known...how easy is that?!

One thing that has been truly apparent from day one is the overwhelming kindness, genuineness, and helpfulness of  each and every blogger. The one question I've been asking myself is, "Where have I been that I've missed all this fun for so long?" I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm here now and I'm truly enjoying every minute!

Today, I was sitting in church and I thought about all my "new" blogging friends. I would love to help anyone who needs it or to anyone wanting a bit more from life. Well, a light bulb went off in my head and I thought that I could at least share the website from our church. It has a wealth of information and it even has the weekly messages. What an easy way to hear the good news! So, even if you have your own home church, you might be interested in the various topics discussed ~ and it's free!

This weeks message was on, "Courageous Generosity". If you're interested, it's just a click away!
 www.gdlc.org
Enjoy your visit!

Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
18220 Upper Bay Road
Houston, TX 77058
Phone: 281.333.4535  -  Fax: 281.335.0574

Today I'm linking to a new site I found, Spiritual Sundays, hosted by Ginger and Charlotte. Thanks ladies!

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to spiritual Sunday. I was refreshed by your kind and sharing spirit. Im going to check out church in Texas. Gonna take a trip. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful blog. I have been blogging for going on two years now. I had no idea when I started that it would lead to such a wonderful world that I didn't know existed before - the land of bloggers.
    I'm so glad you chose to share with us today on Spiritual Sundays. I will visit the link to your beautiful church. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true that the blogging community can be great at encouraging us....God has used it many times to encourage me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to "see" you here on Spiritual Sundays. Thanks for the link to your church home. I will visit it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea to share your church message. There are some ladies here on Spiritual Sunday who don't make it to church, they may enjoy this. Welcome to the blog world, it is truly amazing. I have been blogging for 3 years. I have had time away here and there because life is busy, but I enjoy it. Charlotte and I started Spiritual Sunday over a year ago. She lives in Arizona and I live in California. I feel so blessed that this blog has turned out overwhelmingly awesome.I feel even more blessed to be able to say the Charlotte is my husbands aunt and I'm so thankful that we have Spiritual Sunday's so that I can meet people like you.

    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley I have been blogging only a short while too an am amazed (happily) at the "friends" I have made. One of the things I love most is the connection we all have--no matter the age, location, or circumstances. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'afternoon!
    I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said about the wonderful blogging community. I've been blogging a little more than a year, but it appears you're waaaay ahead of me ... your site is amazing!
    Since I was raised in a Missouri Synod Lutheran congregation, I'll be sure and check out this link. Thanks for joining us, Sharlotte, and have a great new week!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post, Sharlotte! What a great way to continue your spiritual growth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10