Monday, December 28, 2009

Jack Daniels Cake...Don't bake and drive!



Hi all! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with friends and family. I'm sharing a recipe that has become a tradition for my family during the holidays. I discovered this cake from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a friend...I'm sure you know how that goes. So to Pat Hand...if you're out there THANK YOU! This cake is delicious, but let me warn you, have a designated driver!

Jack Daniels Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 4-oz pkg. instant vanilla pudding
5 eggs
1/2 cup condense milk
1/2 cup Jack Daniels (I use 1/4 cup)
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
16 oz. pkg. butterscotch morsels
1 cup chopped pecans

Put cake mix and pudding in large mixing bowl. Add 5 eggs, one at a time. Add milk, whiskey, and melted butter. Mix well. Add butterscotch morsels and nuts, fold into mixture. Pour into greased bundt pan.{You can also use a regular 9 x 13 baking dish}
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

My ingredients went from this:



{You'll need a really big bowl and be sure to add only one egg at a time.}



..to this!


I also top mine off with a sprinkling of powdered sugar...
Yum!

Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh-
    This looks heavenly and decadent (which makes it even better!).

    I have made rum cake before but never a cake with Jack Daniels.

    Happy New Year!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this cake before and it is very delicious, I had lost the recipe so thank you very much. I plan on keeping it this time.
    Happy New Year to you and yours
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the title of this post...thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10