Thursday, September 3, 2009

Special Little Boy...


Today I'm participating in Kelli's Show and Tell Friday. Stop in and see some very special treasures!

This little guy is truly a treasure. He was a birthday present from my mother and was purchased in Munich, Germany.



In 1985, she and my father were on a once in a lifetime trip to Europe to visit relatives and to see places my father was stationed during the Korean War. They had a wonderful time and brought back so many special memories.

 
This Hummel was purchased on their trip... I love his colors and intricate details.

My father has since passed away. He is greatly missed, however, each time I see this little one, I'm reminded of him and it makes me smile to remember...

...all the wonderful times.

Enjoy your Friday!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this particular Hummel. Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hummels, especially him. I have a few, but not many, and I'm going to Show and Tell them someday. I think it's special that yours came from Germany when your parents were on a trip. He really is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Hummel is very sweet. The artist captured the moment perfectly and the umbrella really looks as if it's windblown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hummel is just too sweet. Its great for you to still keep it after many years. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet boy! love the figurine.. just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a sweet little figurine, and sweet memories of your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwww, he's so sweet! It's a Hummel figurine, right?

    My Show N Tell is posted. Hope you can have time to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is a charmer and the memory that goes with him is even more precious.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharlotte, he is adorabe! I love Hummels! I have two little tiny ones. That's all I can afford. A true treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Hummel. The story behind him about your parents is wonderful.

    Enjoy your memories!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Hummel Umbrella Boy is wonderful and the
    sweet memories make the figurine extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those special moments when I spot something that reminds me of a loved one and a shared memory. Love your little boy figure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore Hummel. The colors are wonderful. The pjrecious memories makes it even more special.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet. I have never had a Hummel, but I always enjoy seeing them! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your Hummel. It took me back to my childhood- mother loved Hummel. I always thought they were so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is adorable! Hummels are so precious.

    Blessings,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful Hummels and precious little figurine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10