Sunday, September 20, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday



I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.  Check out her site for amazing before and after shots.

This weekend my mother came over for a visit. It was nice to see her and spend the afternoon together. She wanted to do a little shopping so off we went. We landed at one of my favorite antique shops. Neither one of us was looking for anything in particular, she ended up with a very pretty decanter, I found several pieces of silver. I perused the forks, spoons, and knives and found several pieces that were marked as silver. Yippee! I was thrilled. There were two very dark pieces that I was most curious about. Would they come clean? My mother said they would, so I thought I'd give them a try.

Here they are before:



Now after.



 I guess mother does know best!

I feel fortunate to have found a fork, spoon, and knife from the same set.


These are my favorite.



Enjoy your Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Mary Ellen (megardengal)September 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM

    Oh I love the look of polished silver!!! I always keep mine tarnished (like my little urn I made in my entry) - I just say I love the old patina which i do- but gleaming sparkling silver is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old silver -- have lots of serving pieces mostly from the Victorian era. I'm always on the lookout for new pieces -- and if it's black -- that usually means a better price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some beautiful pieces of silver! Your hard job of scrubbing paid off too! They're gorgeous.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)September 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

    Oh the silver is so pretty and all the beautiful different patterns are just wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely polished ! I love the new silver....I am still working on getting some - I just don't know what to look for ???
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some beautiful pieces of silver...all the beautiful different patterns ...Love it
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. nannykim at spindle cottageSeptember 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM

    Really beautiful--I did the same thing on my post for met monday only with a silver bowl--it too came out gorgeous. Today I am on vacation and I just bought a big silver tureen for soup--I hope it will polish up. I almost bought some silver spoons--I regret that I didn't. I did by some silver salt and pepper shakers--here is hoping...can't do them until I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and you got a real bargain too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions or comments, just let me know in the comment box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10